Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fantasy Sports Show…Finally Waking Up

Recently ESPN announced they created a weekly fantasy football show for the upcoming season. Hmmm…you think this is a good idea? I am shocked OLN, ESPN, Fox, ABC, NBC or CBS didn’t think about this beforehand. I understand most of the media outlets have a fantasy sports page on their web sites. I know a show could spend at least an hour a week discussing fantasy sports including baseball, football, basketball, hockey and NASCAR. During the show, they could address in-season and out of season issues.

What am I missing? This type of show should have been created a year ago. I definitely think industries including beer, cars/trucks and fast food would want to advertise to this targeted market via television and Web site involvement. This 18-42 market is extremely important to most retailers.

Fantasy sports are the next area of the sports industry that is really going to take off. Fantasy sports are at the same stage as poker a couple of years ago when the card game really started to generate a buzz.

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Patterson said...

Seriously, this will be a great addition to their lineup.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both educative and amusing, and without a
doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
The problem is an issue that too few people are speaking intelligently about.
I am very happy that I came across this in my search for
something concerning this.

My website click through the following document

 

Post a Comment

<< Home