Sunday, July 09, 2006

Smart Move By Anheuser-Busch

You have to give props to the sport marketing department at Anheuser-Busch. They know how to get the strongest ROI out of their sponsorships.

In today's Boston Globe article entitled, "Getting issue-oriented," it noted the following: "One trend that will continue is Anheuser-Busch's dominance among Super Bowl advertisers. The beer company has been the Super Bowl's exclusive alcohol sponsor since 1989 and recently ensured that would continue until at least 2013 when it signed deals with NBC for 2009 and '12. It already had deals with CBS for 2007 and '10, and with Fox for 2008 and '11. That's thinking ahead."

Smart, smart move. This is the third highest rated sporting event behind the World Cup and the Olympics. This is one of the only televisions where people stick around to watch the advertisements. I attended a Super Bowl party last year where the advertisements were more important than the game.

The NFL has created an image that is positive to companies who want to work with the League. While I personally don't believe Anheuser-Busch makes a great tasting beer, a lot of people are going to buy Anheuser-Busch products after watching the game.

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Patterson said...

Man. I can't believe you don't like Budweiser. You pinko commie.

When I visited Italy 15 years ago, I stayed with close friends of mine from Genoa. At dinner, they asked if I wanted a beer. I was 18 at the time, so I was psyched to be having beer with dinner, let alone an Italian beer, like Moretti.

They went into the fridge, and brought me a Budweiser. I looked at them and said, "I thought you would serve Italian beer." Their response: "No, we decided to spend a little more and get you the best beer in the world."

True story. And ever since, I've loved Bud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home